Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good choice?

These two days has been attending to several talks regarding to our choices after graduated our advanced diploma(AD) course...

The 1st one which held on the Monday ago, about Liverpool John Moores University(LJMU), UK summer semester programme. This programme will be started in June, 2009, which after we completed our AD. It is going to complete within 14 weeks and then come back M'sia. This is a top-up programme to get our Honours Degrees. The fees is 3,298pounds... As recently the exchange rate is 1 pound = RM 5.5, converted the fees amount to RM, it is about RM20,000. It's quite cheap and worth to go...(Compared to our seniors time, the exchange rate is 1pound = RM6.++). But, dunno whether this rate would be raised few months later on or not..

The 2nd talk is about taking Master in Napier University(NU), Scotland. This programme is longer than LJMU one's. It takes 1 year+15weeks to complete. 1 year will be at M'sia(it's part-time) and another 15 weeks will be continued in NU. The fees is more expensive than LJMU as well. It is about 5,000pounds.

The 2nd talk, I would not take it for definitely due to the fees is much expensive and I don't think I am able to cope with it as it's Master programme. So now, the LJMU programme is under my consideration...

Almost all my friends are thinking about this programme... But the main reason for us is WE HAVE NO MONEY!!! We need approximately RM30,000 to go for the programme(if the exchange rate doesn't increase much).. There's some loans available for us to borrow la..But then the interest rate is quite high.. and the 2nd reason is we don't know whether we manage to clear all the papers before going to UK or not..

Yesterday I had been talking with my dad.. and I know he wishes me to join the programme.. cause might be easier to get career as we are actually holding UK certificate if we do join the programme!!! But, if the world is still having recession after we back from UK, it's hard to get any career..and we will not be able to repay our loan..

But for me, what I am actually concerned is that I'm stressed when my dad asking me to read some documents for him while I donno what is the document referring to. As I have never touched on any investment stuff, applying for subsidiaries, insurance and so on, how could I answer such question if dad ask me ler? Yet, he say like holding higher certificate must be able to do/know everything!!! HELP ME!!! It doesn't mean so k... I'm stressed! Cause he's just like anger on it!!! I just don't like and pressure!!! If I go for the programme+using his money... I can't imagine what is going to be again if I can't help him for such conditions..!!!

Now, he is wishing me to go.. for sure I want to go also lar!!! Though he's still able to sponsor me to go, I just don't feel like wanna spend his money. Cause all are his 'blood sweat money'... I'd rather asking him to spend his money to go for travelling with mum instead of sponsor me.. Maybe that is the way of how he loves us lar... But just sometimes I can't refrain from his temper..

I think I will go but I will choose to borrow loans to join this programme.. But I will ask for further information about the loans first before I make the decision to go UK... For sure, I must aim myself to pass all my exam during this final sem!!! I must believe I CAN!!! hahaa...



Gambatte Orange!!! ;-)

4 comments:

明仔(Anson) said...

If u think u can then u can

Anonymous said...

jiayou! make sure what you really want in ur life, wat kind of career u really want to get in future, otherwise, getting an overseas cert is worth nothing much. Don't like me, although went to Germany before, but nothing much gain in knowledge as I have not yet decided what am i going to do in future! My prof just told us the EQ is the most important. So, cultivate high EQ from now on...
what kind of investment stuff daddy had been asking u? My uni is going to have final exam soon and I am still rushing for my term paper to meet the due date.That's y i didn't call back these few days...Let me know and I ask big sis if she can help.
Don't worry, stay happy. :)

Orange said...

Thank you Anson...!! =)

Orange said...

To sis,

thanks as well..

ya.. the main problem is just ab the financial oni.. but i dont want to ask dad to pay for me lar... so i tink i will choose to borrow loan if i do go uk..

don worry..i will try to settle it by myself.. thanks..=)